Thermal printing is a printing process that uses heat instead of ink to print tickets for sale at outlets or at the door of an event. ShowClix offers thermal printing for clients who request it.
You can use a thermal printer for the following actions:
- Print existing individual sales from the Sales Details page in the Admin
- Batch print will call tickets
- Print new sales through Crowd Box Office
Setting Up Your Thermal Printer
If you have recently purchased a thermal printer, please contact your Account Manager to set up thermal printing capabilities on your seller account. Once activated, please follow these steps to set up your printer:
- Download the driver from the Boca website (select “Support” from the main navigation bar and click Download under “For Windows”): http://www.bocasystems.com/
- Install the FGL driver to any computers that will be using the thermal printer
- Once the driver is fully installed, connect the printer to the computer and power on the device
- To test the printer, we always recommend printing an existing sale through the admin (before attempting to print a new sale through Crowd).
- Sidekick is a Windows application that helps you print thermal tickets if you are experiencing issues printing from your browser. Please read this guide to Sidekick to learn more.