Need to add a tracking tag? Click here to get started.
About Tracking Tags
Tracking Tags allow you to track sales from external referring websites, as well as your promotional and marketing campaigns.
Once you have created a tracking tag, you can append it to the end of any event URL (ex. http://www.showclix.com/event/12345/tag/festival_ad). As customers visit that link and purchase tickets, you will be able to monitor successful sales from each tracking tag. Click Create Tracking Tag in the Marketing section to get started.
- Tag. Enter the tag you wish to create. The tag needs to be appropriate for a URL, i.e. it cannot have any special characters or spaces. For example, if you wanted to track all customers who visit the event page via a certain ad for your festival, you could enter festival_ad. Then, you would link to your page from that ad with the following link: http://www.showclix.com/event/[your event ID]/tag/festival_ad
- Description. Enter a description for the tag. This is used for your internal purposes only, in order to help you identify what the tag is used for (ex. a certain promoter, your Facebook Page, etc.).
- User. (Optional.) Connect the tag to an additional user on your account.
- Click Save Tag to complete the setup process.
- Click Edit to edit each tag's settings (tag, description, user)
- Click Delete to delete a tag from your account
- Click Get Link to get directions on how to use the tag to track sales
- Click Details to see a sale by sale report on each tag
Dynamic Tags. The tagging system allows you to bypass the setup process by adding /tag/[your tag here] to the end of your event URL. That tag will automatically be created and added to your tags menu once a sale is processed with that tag.