The new report builder consists of two primary pages: the report configuration, and the report viewer. After you’ve selected a report preset from the Reports Overview, it’s time to prepare the basic information about your report on the configuration step, displayed as a window on a new page.
In this step, select the event(s) and date range on which you want to build your report.
- The report type, preset title, and description are displayed at the top of the window
- Click Select Events to determine which events to include in your report.
- If you want to select all your events, simply skip this step.
- Scroll through your events using the event selection tool, or enter your events into the search field provided.
- Set a date range filter, or filter by all events, upcoming events, or past events.
- Click Select to add an event to your selection.
- Click Select All to add all events on the page.
- For an event series, click Select Events on the event series block to expand a list of all individual events within that series. Alternatively, you can click Select All within the series to add all events within a series at once.
- Select your date range.
- Use the fields provided to select a date/time range for the report.
- Leave the date range blank to run an all-time report.
- Adjust the time zone using the dropdown menu provided. (By default, your local timezone will be selected.)
- The date range options vary based on the report type.
- For example, the date range for a Tickets report includes tickets purchased within the range.
- Meanwhile the date range for a Customers report includes customers who were initially registered (typically by making their first purchase with ShowClix) within the date range.
- Click Continue to build the report!
Most reports you will be able to view immediately, however, especially large reports may be sent to the queue (Large Reports & The Queue).
Now that you’ve set your report configuration, you’ll be able to view it and customize: