Need to add an event? Click here to get started.
- Click the Events tab in the Admin.
- Click the Create Event button.
- Click Single Event.
Step 1: Details
On the first page of the event setup, you can edit the major details about the event. (Fields marked with an asterisk are required.)
- Event Name. Enter the title of the event. This will be visible to any customers and visitors on your event page.
- Event Date. Select the date and time when the event begins. This time is relative to the venue's time zone. (Optional: Click Define an End Time to specify a date / time when the event will end.)
- Venue. Enter the venue or other location where the event takes place. Click Add New Venue if the correct venue is not yet in the system. (See Create A Venue for more details.)
- Description. Enter additional event details or add other content, such as flyers, photos, videos, etc., to the event page. This field supports basic HTML for editing font sizes and embedding content within the designated area. (See this HTML guide for some basic help with HTML editing.)
- On-Sale Date. Enter the date / time when event tickets will be available for purchase. (Optional: Click Immediately to put tickets on sale as soon as the event setup is completed.)
- Sales Close Date. Enter the date / time when event ticket sales will end.
- Type of Event. Select the type of event: ticketed or registration. For registration events, this selection only affects the language during the checkout process (e.g., Register instead of Buy Tickets).
- Category. Select the general type of event. This only affects the event's placement in general search results on ShowClix's event search index.
- Ages. Select the applicable age restriction for admission to the event. If none exists, select All Ages. You can also click Define a Custom Age Limit to specify a particular age.
- Event Website. Enter a link to an external website (or your brand's Facebook Page, blog, etc.) with more information about the event. This appears on the event page.
- Image. Upload an image to appear above the Event Description area on the event page.
- Click Save & Continue to advance to the next step.
Step 2: Pricing
The second page of the event setup allows you to add and edit ticket inventory and price levels.
Enter Event Inventory
Enter the maximum total number of tickets available for this event across all ticket types and price levels. Click Save to proceed.
Adding a Price Level
Click Add a Price Level, and enter details about the price level.
- Price Level Name. Enter the name of the price level. This name is visible to customers.
- Price Level Type. Select whether you want to determine a Fixed Price for the ticket, or click Name Your Price to allow customers to enter a price based on the parameters you set below.
- Minimum Price. (Only available if you select Name Your Price.) Enter the minimum price that you will accept for this price level. This will be visible on the event page.
- Suggested Price. (Only available if you select Name Your Price.) Enter the default price you recommend for customers who are interested in purchasing tickets to the event.
- Online Price. (Only available if you select Fixed Price.) Enter the ticket face value to be listed on the event page.
- Box Office Price. Enter the ticket face value for tickets sold at the box office.
- Quantity Available. Enter the maximum number of tickets available for this price level.
- Limit Per Order. Enter the maximum number of tickets for this price level that can be purchased in a single order.
- Hide Online. Prevent online shoppers from accessing or purchasing tickets for this price level.
- Hide in Box Office. Prevent box office users from accessing or transacting sales for this price level.
- Description. Enter any brief, additional details about the price level.
- Click Submit to save the price level.
Managing Price Levels
By default, price levels appear in order of price from lowest to highest. Click Manually Arrange to adjust the order based on your preferences. This menu also gives you options for individual price levels and a setting for maximum inventory for the event.
- Edit. Adjust any details about the price level.
- Price Change. Schedule an automatic adjustment to the price level's ticket face value. You can choose to apply the adjustment to the online price, box office price or both.
- Status Change. Schedule to automatically activate or deactivate the price level.
- Delete. Remove the price level from the event.
(Not available for all users.) A bundle is a group of tickets sold together, often at a discounted price. See Create A Bundle for more details.
Step 3: Options
The third page of the event setup allows you to fine-tune your event with detailed settings.
- Delivery Methods. Select the event's available options for ticket delivery. Customers can choose from the following: Mobile (delivered via SMS text message), Print At Home, or Will Call. (Optional: Click Add a Description to provide additional information about any of the delivery options.)
- Donations. Select whether to collect optional donations from customers. (If you select Yes, please enter the name of the organization for which the proceeds will benefit.)
- Custom Fee. Select whether to collect a custom fee during the checkout process. If so, enter the public name of the fee, the type of fee (whether a fixed additional amount or a percentage of the face value), the fee amount, and whether the fee should apply before or after any relevant discounts.
These settings cover the last steps before your event is complete.
- Online Service Fee. Enter the percentage of the service fee for online sales that you would like to cover as an organization. If you want the customer to pay the full service fee, set this value to 0%.
- Box Office Service Fee.Enter the percentage of the service fee for box office sales that you would like to cover as an organization. If you want the customer to pay the full service fee, set this value to 0%.
- Ticket Note. Enter a note to appear on all print at home tickets.
- Ticket Transaction Limit. Enter the maximum number of tickets that can be purchased in a single order.
- Checkout Time Limit. Set an appropriate time limit for customers to complete their ticket order. This time limit starts as soon as the customer confirms their ticket selection.
- Collect Name on Each Ticket. Select whether to collect customer names for each individual ticket, or to apply one customer name to all tickets within the order.
- Private Event. Select whether the event will appear on your seller homepage and the ShowClix website. If you select Yes, customers will only be able to access the event page if you share a direct link.
- URL Short Name. Enter a customized name to attach to the event page's URL. By default, this name is the event's title without spaces or punctuation (i.e. http://www.showclix.com/event/ShowClixParty).
- Click Save & Continue to proceed.
- (About Event Advanced Settings: This menu is recommended only for experienced users.)
Step 4: Complete
The final step allows you to confirm your event details before publishing the event page.
- Review all of the event details. To make any changes, click any of the step buttons to return to a specific page.
- If the event's details are correct, click Complete The Event to finish the setup and publish the event page.